Well I was going to save this blog for the 20th but what the hell!
I'm in a blogging mood so I thought I would tell you all (so far theres only two people I know of that read this but oh well :P ) about my girlfriend Andi and our story :)
That's me on the left (left side of the screen) and Andi on the right. That's our child Geoffrey in the middle :)
Okay where to start...how about how we met.
It was January 2010. I was the teachers aid for Mrs. Beckers geometry class and Andi (she's a year younger than me) was in the class. Well one day I was complaining to one of my friends about how I had no friends in that class and I felt awkward so she noticed that Andi was in there and they had become friends first semester so she introduced us. At first Andi didn't know my name or hated me or something I'm not really sure. Anyways at the time she was dating this one guy and he was in my math class so Andi and I saw each other a lot and would always yell "Hey new best friend!"
Well Andi and her boy broke up and she was a little upset and I know quite a bit about heart ache so we talked more. Then Andi started liking this other guy and the night before Valentines Day we hung out for the first time before her first date with this other guy (the date was on Valentines day). Andi, Adrianne, Katherine and I made a thousand cookies and decorated them and had a frosting war and it was fun.
After that Andi and I started hanging out every now and then. Then Adrianne and I got in a huge fight and I lost my best friend. So I instantly went to Andi, over the summer we hung out seriously every other day. Then she went to Kansas City to stay with her Mimi for two weeks like she does every summer and I missed her like crazy! Well she came back and I think that was when we became practically inseparable. We hung out every day.
So school starts, Andi a junior (11) and myself a senior (12). I gave her a ride to school every day and we hung out every weekend and had a sleepover every weekend.
This is the part Andi would probably prefer I left out but oh well :P
About September we would cuddle when we had sleepovers, nothing else just holding each other while we slept. At first I think it was a joke and then it became something we just did.
October. That was a terrible month; there was a thing with this guy and I that almost happened that almost ruined Andi and I's relationship, a thing with drugs, and then my ex.
Just a little brief thing about my ex, him and I went out for almost 16 months and broke up a week before it. He was my first love and my best friend and when it ended I was left with nothing. Anyways things had been happening and people had been telling me things about him and stuff he had said about me. Then he did a cowardly thing and I kinda went crazy this one night. Andi (who hated him with a passion and still does) just sat there and let me get it all out and I really appreciated it.
I think that was when I started to "notice" my crush on her (we've talked about it and we both think there may have been something there the whole time but whatever). I didn't say anything and just acted like everything was normal. I didn't even tell anyone until November 13. I told Katherine and it was on accident, it kinda just slipped out. Then the next night I told my friend Korbin and because of that I was kinda forced to tell Andi even though I had planned on just ignoring it till it went away.
I immediately regretted telling her, she didn't take it too well to say the least. She saw her options as 1) pretending nothing had happened, 2) us not being friends anymore, or 3) giving it a shot and when it ended terribly losing one of her best friends. She didn't go to school and we just talked all day, I was a complete wreck. We decided to just pretend it had never happened but Andi's way of "coping" with it was to make jokes at my expense about it. I let her do it because I understood but then it got to be too much. She was going out of town from the 19th to the 22nd and we decided we would just lay everything on the table while she was out of town.
On the 20th she decided she wanted to give it a try so we consider that our anniversary. I can still remember how happy I was the next day. So she got back to town and at this point no one knew about us, we decided not to tell anyone. Andi didn't want people thinking she was gay and treating her differently and I felt the same, high school is not kind to those who aren't "normal" and at our all Mormon school it was scary. Anyways so at school Andi stood far from me because she was scared someone would figure it out.
Then the day after Thanksgiving we had our first sleepover as a "couple." Wait I should clarify something here, neither of us had ever been attracted to another girl before so this was new and scary for both of us. Okay back to the first sleepover, we had our first kiss. It was new and exciting and amazing, well the first one wasn't it was dark and we missed but once we figured it out it was nice :) and it just kind of progressed from there.
Then I found a lump in my breast and had to get it removed. It was benign so it was okay but it was a big deal. I was down for a whole week from it and every time I woke up, Andi was there taking care of me. That was when I fell in love with her. It took her a month or two to feel the same but that's okay.
Spring break. We spent every day together and at the end of the week we decided we were done hiding. We changed our relationship status on facebook and set it as in a relationship with each other. It didnt cause that big of a stir, as far as I know.
It didn't go over to well with her parents, but that's okay. Mine were fine with it.
And yeah...we are still together, getting ready to celebrate 7 months in 5 days...
I love her very much and I want more than anything to spend the rest of my life with her.


No comments:
Post a Comment